Please send us your prayer requests. Make sure you get a person’s permission before asking that they be added to our prayer list. It is a HIPAA violation to disclose a person’s medical condition without their permission.
Also HIPAA makes it difficult for a chaplain to know if a member or family of your flock is hospitalized. Inform your families that it is their responsibility to notify the chaplain if there is a hospitalization. As an appointed chaplain of your department you are a part of the care team and are entitled to information that is authorized by other care team members in your line of duty. However, keep in mind that you are bound by law to a high standard of confidentially. You are not to divulge any information you obtain in the discharge of your duties as a chaplain to ANY OTHER PERSON outside the care team.
Please Pray for:
Each other as we perform the day-to-day tasks of our chaplaincy.
Pray for God’s guidance as we encounter some of the most difficult situations known to man.
Pray that we will always exhibit compassion with our firefighters, the victims we serve, and all with whom we come into contact.
Pray that we will keep ourselves safe and fit so that we can continue to serve those who serve.
Pray for Ed Stauffer, director of the FFC and Jim Burns of the LFCN as they guide the Federation and the Network.
Pray for all families of LODD firefighters who have lost their lives.
Pray for the new chaplains who have completed the Essentials of Fire Chaplaincy and CISM class as active members of LFCN.
Pray for the continued work of the Walk of Honor Foundation and the Louisiana Firefighters Memorial grounds and for contributions to complete and maintain the grounds.
- Pray for Butch Browning, our State Fire Marshal who is President of the National Fire Marshals Association.
- Pray for Beth Gibson, wife of Chaplain J. Milton Gibson. Beth is doing well. Thanks for your prayers
- Pray for Chaplain J. Milton Gibson who is undergoing treatments for prostate cancer and having heart problems.
- Pray for FFC Executive Director/Founder Ed Stauffer as he deals with some physical challenges.
- Pray for Elise Salsberry (sister-in-law of Chaplain Jim Burns) who had a serious accident August 7 of last year. She is a quadapledic and just came home after 8 1/2 months hospitalized.
- Pray for Sarah Atkinson firefighters daughter who is having a series of treatments.
Pray for Glenn Robinchaux a firefighter who was burned badly in
an accident. Pray for his wife Ashleigh and family.
- Remember you can request prayer to be placed on this site by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org